Last year it is estimated that there were over 14 million victims of identity theft and fraud. Here is a list of 10 rules that can improve the safety of your information.
- Create a secret email address for financial accounts.
- Create strong passwords.
- Enable 2-Step verification on your email and financial accounts.
- Use Wi-Fi with extreme caution.
- Secure your home Wi-Fi network.
- Set up instant text or email alerts.
- Freeze your credit and protect your children.
- Update your software.
- Back up files to avoid ransomware.
- Take time to examine email messages and inspect links.